Norfolk, VA CE Academy
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
July 10, 2013
3 AIA HSW CE Hours
07:45 AM Registration
08:00 - 09:00 AM TBD
09:10 - 10:20 AM
Steep Slope Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course Number: IMU07
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Metals USA
• Define stone coated Metal.
• Depict how stone coated Metal roofing is manufactured.
• Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
• Demonstrate new and innovative ideas to take into the design process for schools, hospitals
and other commercial applications, and to help you through that process.
• Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project
earning LEED certification.
• Describe how Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems are energy efficient & Energy Star qualified.
• Explain the cost benefits of Stone Coated Metal roofing systems.
10:20 -11:20 AM
Solving Architectural Noise Problems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course: 003696
AIA Provider: International Cellulose Corporation
Presenter: Chuck Smith
1. Increase awareness of the need for acoustics before occupancy.
2. Dispel the myths about cellulose as a finish product.
3. Visible and Invisible Finishes.
4. Acoustics & Economics - Light Reflectivity, Creature Comforts, Worker
Productivity & Energy Savings.
5. Life Savety Communications.
11:30 - 12:30 PM
EPDM Defining the Standard for 50 years
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course Number: SDR 113
AIA Provider: Carlisle Construction Materials
Presenter: Austin Ells
Participants will learn the features and benefits of EPDM roofing solutions that have been proven
to perform as well as advancements in technology that contribute to higher quality installations
and long term service life.
12:30 PM Lunch
01:30 - 02:30 PM TBD
02:40 - 03:40 PM TBD
03:50 - 04:50 PM TBD
"This Agenda is not a final schedule, and is subject to updates, additions and changes.
When changes are final, this will no longer say “Preliminary”.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.